In the traditional preparation, the main vessel is a tall rimmed bowl. The base should be wide enough so that a traditional bamboo whisk can move back and forth quickly without much contact with the bowl. A chashaku, or a bamboo spoon, is used to scoop matcha to its recommended serving.
- Scoop a half teaspoon of matcha into the bowl
- Add 6 oz. of 175°F water
- Whisk quickly in an "M" motion back and forth until the water has turned emerald green and frothy
- Sip right away and enjoy
Quick and Easy
This is a great way to make matcha at home. You’ll love the enhanced mood and extra concentration found in each cup. Start boosting your metabolism and burning calories by making this a daily ritual!
- Scoop 1 tsp of matcha into your favorite mug.
- Add in around 6 oz. of 175°F water.
- Using an electric frother, blend the matcha and water together until your tea has turned emerald green and a froth forms on top.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
On the Go
When on the go, enjoy the same benefits of matcha in a shaker bottle. When it’s hot out, fill it with ice to help create a refreshingly chilled tea you’ll love. Stash a couple To-Go Packets before you start your day.
- In a shaker bottle add 10 oz. of cold water.
- Add 1 To-Go packet or 1 tsp of Matcha.
- Shake bottle vigorously for about 10 seconds until the tea is emerald green and frothed up.
- Drink right away and enjoy!